Carrot Cake Recipe
A Super Healthy Carrot Cake
Here is a carrot cake recipe that is a bit different than the
traditional baked version.
Since, we like to focus on superfoods and a raw food diet plan that incorporates as much full-on nutrition as possible, we don't stop at dessert
And really, there is no reason to, when you "can have your
cake and eat it too!"
You can get the best of both worlds, a
rich, delicious tasting carrot cake combined with alive superfood
ingredients and natural sweeteners.
It certainly beats the standard refined flours, sugars and oils that are baked with no enzymes or nutrition, just calories.
My husband, who is quite talented at raw vegan recipe
creations, came up with this raw, superfood version of carrot
cake that I think you will love as much as we do.
He makes it
every year for my birthday! (Awwww!) ...And over the years it
seems to get better and better.
The top 10 superfood ingredient in this recipe is the lovely
goji berry, used instead of raisins!
Goji berries are a nice
protein rich food, as well as a great tasting super fruit.
I have always loved carrot cakes, but this raw carrot cake is
especially wonderful because it gives me lots of energy and
doesn't make me tired like baked desserts.
One reason for this, besides
the enzymes and nutrients, could be the addition of the medicinal mushroom, cordyceps, which is known for its energizing and restorative properties.
Traditionally, I like to eat a piece of this cake after a long
birthday hike in nature. It is a yummy treat to come home to and
indulge in after some fun outdoor exercise.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 7 carrots
- 1c pecans
- 1/8C bee pollen
- 1/2C dates
- 1/2C herbal tea recipe
- 1/4C yacon root syrup
- 2T lucuma
- 20-30 cordyceps capsules (the powder)
- 1/2c goji (soaked)
- 1/2 vanilla bean (scrapped)
- 1/2t ginger or grated fresh
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1/4t cardamom
- 1/4 coriander
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 2T coconut oil
Cashew "Cream Cheese" Frosting:
- 1C cashews (soaked)
- 1/2C herbal tea
- 3T lemon
- 1T orange peel zest
- 3T agave nectar
- 1T coconut oil
- one inch vanilla bean (scrapped)
For the Carrot Cake:
- Make 1 C herbal tea for both cake and frosting.
- Soak dates in 1/8C herbal tea recipe of choice for 30 minutes.
- Soak goji berries in 1/8C herbal tea for 30 minutes.
- Process the carrots in a food processor until fine.
- Place in a big bowl.
- Process pecans, bee pollen and dates together.
- Add to the bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Place the mixture in a glass dish.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
For the Frosting:
Soak cashews in 1/2C herbal tea for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soaked cashews with other ingredients.
- In a high speed blender. (Blendtec or Vitamix)
- Blend until creamy smooth.
- Place in a jar and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Smooth frosting onto carrot cake.
Enjoy this raw carrot cake recipe with friends. It makes a great dessert for parties, potlucks or as a birthday cake!
Return from Carrot Cake Recipe to Super Supplements