|Back to Back Issues Page|
Superfoods for Radiation Exposure! -- Issue #015
March 17, 2011
Fukushima Disaster and Radiation ExposureWe all, no doubt, feel compassion toward the Japanese people and the devastating series of events that occurred March 11, 2011 with the most recent Earthquake/Tsunami disaster.
In light of the nuclear power plant meltdown in Fukushima, Japan this month, we feel it is important for all humans to learn how to protect yourself and your thyroid against radiation in this day and age.
We have the latest updates from superfood nutrition expert, health educator and author of Superfoods, The Food and Medicine of the Future, David Wolfe. Here are his top 15 superfoods for radiation exposure.
How to Take Your Superfoods:
Start small, but increase your dosages rapidly and dramatically if you live in Hawaii, Western Canada, and the Western USA. Start now. Fallout may descend upon North America sometime around March 22.
If you live in Japan, start taking massive doses of these foods, superfoods, superherbs, and supplements immediately. These are all safe for children. If you live in North America, stock up on food NOW because fresh food may be contaminated for several months after the fallout comes down from the jet stream into the fallout zones.
We all have to band together to stop nuclear power once and for all. The attention of all scientists should move to a total focus on free energy devices (solar, wind, implosion, etc). Germany and Finland are taking action to discontinue the building of nuclear power plants, I visualize the entire world following their lead! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way!
Top 15 Superfoods for Radiation Exposure1) Kelp - Kelp is one of the most bio-available sources of iodine among all the seaweeds. It is essential for thyroid balance and important to have in the body, so you don't take on radioactive iodine. Kelp Powder - 1 lb
2) Ginseng - Ginseng can help modulate your body the most during radiation exposure. Known throughout the world for it's amazing energy restoring and strength building properties, it is an adaptogen to help our bodies "adapt" to stressful environmental conditions. Ginseng Sublime, 2oz - Dragon Herbs
3) Ashwagandha - Also an adaptogen, like ginseng, it helps to relieve physical fatigue and nervous exhaustion when used over a period of time. This nerve replenishing herb also regulates thyroid conditions. Ashwagandha Powder - Capsules
4) Chlorella - Chlorella is a natural, green, superfood based detoxifier! It contains high levels of protein with an "intelligence" that bonds with heavy metals and chemical toxins, totally eliminating them from the body. Chlorella Powder 250g
5) Zeolites - Zeolites unique, volcanic mineral, crystalline structure forms a sort of "cage" that works like a magnet to attract heavy metals, chemicals and other pollutants (ie: radiation), capturing them and removing these harmful toxins from the body. ZeoForce 180 Caps
6) Shilajit - Contains high amounts of fulvic acid which assists in the removal of toxins, restoring electrical balance to cells. It promotes the movement of other minerals, especially calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium into muscle, tissue, and bone. It is an Ayurvedic mineral-herb which translates as the "conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness." Shilajit powder - 2oz
7) Nascent Iodine - Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same iodine that is produced by the thyroid. It is an atomic form of Iodine instead of molecular, which is absorbed more effectively and more effortlessly by the body.
Dr. Brownstein is one of the top experts on iodine. He explains, "If there is enough inorganic, non-radioactive iodine in our bodies, the radioactive fallout has nowhere to bind in our bodies. It will pass through us, leaving our bodies unharmed. It is important to ensure that we have adequate iodine levels BEFORE this fallout hits."
8) Reishi Mushroom - Reishi mushroom known to be helpful in dealing with radioactive fallout, offers a protective force that helps to make the adjustments needed to deal with change and life challenges. Also offers powerful immune boosting qualities. Reishi Mushroom Extract - 90 capsules
9) Miso - Known to protect against radiation exposure and accelerates chelation of toxins from the body. A 1990 Hiroshima University study concluded that people who eat miso soup regularly may be up to five times more resistant to radiation poisoning than people who do not. This brand is a great combo blend for possible radiation exposure.
10) Camu Camu Berry - This plant derived Vit C source will super boost your immune system. Camu Camu IS the most concentrated supply of Vit C in the world, and a powerful antioxidant for radioactive conditions. Camu Berry Powder - 4 oz
11) Chlorophyll rich foods - Radiation causes large losses of magnesium. Chlorophyll rich foods are high in magnesium, which maintain a protective action against radiation exposure. Especially dark leafy greens, sprouts and cilantro.
12) Brazil Nuts - Source of selenium needed for exposure. Brazil nuts are particularly high in selenium (up to 1180% of USRDA), which is proven to decrease risk of prostate cancer. High in good saturated fat content out of all the nuts and seeds.
13) Coconut butter - Supports thyroid health through it's medium chain fatty acids. Coconut and coconut butter is a raw saturated fat containing fatty acids, which the body can metabolize efficiently and convert to energy quickly, regulateing and nuturing thyroid function.
14) Megahydrate - MegaHydrate is the key that unlocks the potential of water as the medium for nutrient replenishment and waste removal at the cellular level. In a state of dehydration, body cells cannot assimilate nutrients and remove waste. MegaHydrate - 60 caps
15) Crystal Energy - Removes heavy metals and toxins, pulling them out of the body. Water we drink may be exposed to radioactive fallout, so it is good to consider this option which improves your drinking water's ability to hydrate your cells. Crystal Energy, 4oz
Spread the word!! My husband and I are doing all 15, just to ensure and protect our health in the best way possible.
Recipe of the Month:
Homemade Black Bean Miso
If you are a regular visitor to my website, you have no excuses for not making your own homemade miso. :) If you are a newby to Superfoods for Superhealth, then here's a little inspiration to help you get started on your miso-making journey.
There is nothing like making your own rich and savory miso that is packed with superhealthy properties. Eating miso on a regular basis has been proven to reduce breast cancers and protect against the damaging effects of radiation exposure. It is on our "Emergency Storage" list for a good reason.
Making homemade miso is easy. Essentially, if you can boil beans you can make miso. The waiting is the hardest part for most people. But, believe me, it's worth the wait!! Early spring is the perfect time for making miso. The temperatures are cooler and gradually increase to the heat of the summer months. This is the time when the fermentation process really starts to do its thing.
This is your miso!
The rest of the recipe involves salting and packing a gallon jar or crock and placing a heavy object on the top to weight it down. I actually have fermented miso without the weight and all was fine, so its up to you. See our Homemade Miso Recipe for more details.
You can let your miso go through one summer, which in "miso time" they call one year. Miso develops great flavor the longer you let it ferment. But, you can age it through the summer and then dig in if you can't wait.
Until our next issue...
May you thrive, prosper and evolve in the best of ways!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR:
All information in this ezine is the personal view of the author and is for educational purposes only and not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or prescription. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure or prevent any disease.
|Back to Back Issues Page|